Open Social for SE31128 Days Ago for Members $ 59.00
Compatible with SE v.3.1.x-3.2.0
OpenSocial API from Google is available in Social Engine now.
OpenSocial represents a set of common rules regulating the development of social applications running on multiple web sites.
As OpenSocial can be used at any web site, developers can simply distribute their applications among users. Attracting third-pary developers, owners of web sites benefit as well.
OpenSocial plugin for Social Engine allows you to use social applications (gadgets) created by different developers in your social network (hereinafter “container”). Using special extensions, applications gain access to contaner’s data (e.g. People, Activities, Appdata, Messages).
Authorized user can access social application gallery, read brief information and view number of online users of particular application.
Each application from gallery can be previewed. The user can read short information about it and add to his/her profile for further usage as needed.
The administrator can add application to the gallery using URL. Also administrator can delegate any registered user to do this. Each time when application is added, event notification will appear in sections «What’s New?» and «What's New In My Network» providing a link to user profile who has added the application and a link to preview the application.
On My Applications page you can:
• run application added from gallery,
• delete application from user profile(not from gallery),
• add application using URL (e.g. http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/hangman/hangman.xml),
• sort applications using Drag&Drop.
By the administrative part you can:
• add applications to the gallery using URL,
• preview added application,
• delete application from gallery (so it would be deleted from every user’s profile who had used it),
• allow/disallow users to add applications to the gallery,
• set number of applications per one page in the gallery.
To make plugin work properly you need:
• Web server - Apache with mod_rewrite enabled.
• PHP - 5.2.x or above with the json, simplexml, mcrypt and curl extentions enabled;
To check whether these extensions is enabled on your hosting, download the archive test_ext.zip.
The given version of a plug-in does not support OAuth Proxy (some gadgets can not work).
Where it is possible to find others gadgets - http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open&hl=en&cat=all.
Learn more about Open Social and Open Social Containers:
Note : This plugin compatible for all socialengine versions 3.1.x and higher.